Level 4 Teaching Assistant
Breckon Hill Primary School
Breckon Hill Road
Head Teacher: Mrs Joanne Smith
Level 4 Grade G SCP 12-15
(£22, 183 – £23,541 pro rata to £16,415 – £17,420)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week per week term time only plus 1 week
Contractual Status: Permanent Commencing September 2021
Breckon Hill Primary School, in partnership with Best Practice, is looking to recruit a Level 4 Teaching Assistant to complete an Early Years Teacher Initial Teacher Training Qualification (EYITT) from September 2021
The successful applicant will have:
- the opportunity to complete fully funded Early Years Initial Teacher Training (EYITT) within the first year to gain Early Years Teacher Status (Note: this is not Qualified Teacher Status) Read the Best Practice website for more information.
- a degree (to be obtained by July 2021)
- the commitment to promoting the wellbeing and care of our children
- an ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) to an appropriate standard.
- an understanding of the principles of child development and learning processes.
- an ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
- an ability to relate well to children and their families.
- an ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
The Recruitment Process
The successful candidate will also be accepted onto the Early Years initial teacher training programme (EYITT). Acceptance on the programme requires the candidate to have GCSE Grade C or above in English, Maths and Science or equivalent qualification and have a degree by July 2021.
Closing Date: 12pm April 12th 2021
Shortlisting: Week beginning April 12th 2021
Interviews: Week beginning April 19th 2021
The job description and job profile are available from the School.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.