Attendance and Punctuality
|100%||The target for everyone.|
|Over 97%||= 5 days absence (or less) in one year. Very good attendance.|
|Below 97%||Your child’s chances of good grades are in danger. Support is available if you are ill for long periods. We can help.|
|Below 90%||= more than 4 school weeks off school. This is called “Persistent Absence”. Your child’s chance of good grades is negatively affected.|
Why should I arrive for school on time?
It is important that children arrive in school on time everyday for a number of reasons.
- It is the legal responsibility of parent/carers to ensure that children attend their registered school on time each day.
- If a child is late they miss important information about the days activities.
- A child that is late will miss school work.
- Children that arrive in good time for registration are able to talk to their friends before school and settle into the school day with them.
- A child that is late disrupts staff and other children.
The table below shows how lateness can add up over the school year:
Lateness = lost learning!
|minutes late each day||3 days lost!|
|10 minutes late each day||6.5 days lost!|
|15 minutes late each day||10 days lost!|
|20 minutes late each day||13 days lost!|
|30 minutes late each day||19 days lost!|
- days are school days and calculated over a school year