Our School’s Aims
- To create a purposeful learning environment which encourages a child to progress happily.
- To ensure that all children, regardless of gender, race, culture, orientation and ability are treated equally and are able to achieve their full potential.
- To enable children to understand that respect and thoughtfulness for others provides the basis of a caring and happy community.
- To be able to speak and write effectively in a variety of situations.
- To respect books, equipment, tools and property at school and wherever they might be.
- To develop a knowledge and understanding of mathematics which enable children to operate effectively both in and out of school.
- To encourage scientific curiosity to enable children to understand the world in which they live through investigation and problem solving.
- Through history, geography and religious education to develop an awareness and appreciation of the past and present and their influences upon the future.
- To develop skills across the curriculum in design, technology, art, music and crafts.
- To help children to appreciate the beauty of the world around them.
- To promote an enjoyment of physical activities, drama, music and mime and to teach recreational games skills.
- To establish an environment in which teaching and non-teaching staff, governors, advisory colleagues, parents and future parents can work with each other for the successful achievement of our aims.
A confident and happy child is likely to experience success.