Instant bank transfer (IBT) help for Parents
Instant bank transfer (IBT) help for parents
What is Instant Bank transfer?
Instant Bank Transfer is the easiest and most secure way to pay on School Gateway
- Instant bank transfer works a bit like a normal Direct Debit. When you make a payment on School Gateway, money will come out of your bank account and will be backed up by the Direct Debit Guarantee.
- Unlike a normal Direct Debit money will never come out of account unless you have authorised the individual transaction on School Gateway.
- Once you have set up Instant Bank Transfer you won’t have to enter your details again to make payments.
Setting up and using Instant Bank Transfer
- You will need to set up Instant Bank Transfer via School Gateway on the Web. Once set up you can then use it on the app.
- Add a payment item into your basket on School Gateway and click Checkout.
- You will be given the option to pay by ‘Instant Bank Transfer’
- Click Instant Bank Transfer
- You will be taken to the set up page where your information will be pre populated according to what the school holds on record for you.
- Enter your account details and click Proceed.
- If you are happy press the Submit button to confirm that you wish to set up Instant Bank Transfer. At this point you will get the chance to read the Direct Debit Guarantee and you will receive an email to confirm that Instant Bank Transfer has been set up.
- Now that your Instant Bank transfer has been set up you will need to review your payment before proceeding.
- Once you have successfully made your payment you will receive confirmation that your payment has been successful.
- Please note that your first payment using Instant Bank Transfer will take 4 days to leave your account. Any payments made after this will take 3 days. From the school’s point of view, money is credited instantly.
- If at any point you need to change your bank account details, when you review your payment there is the option to Change Payment Method